Friday, November 15, 2013

DIY Dry flower and seashells decoration

I was driven to this by circumstances. Since I live in the Czech Republic, I don`t go to the beach every weekend and therefore every time we would go to Greece, Italy, Croatia… I felt like I needed to import as many seashells as possible. This resulted in an excessive amount of seashells in my room and I finally decided to do something about it. I can assure you of this – more projects are to come out.

This is a super simple decoration and rather than a “how to do this”; this project is more like “look, you can do this” and I personally view it as an idea more than a tutorial.


What you`re going to need:
  • A glass, vase, bottle or even a jar –

    the only requirement is that it`s see-through
  • Dried flowers of your choice or even fake flowers, just plain branches would sure look great also (I am using dried peonies)
  • Seashells

You start by putting a little amount of seashells to the bottom of the glass. This creates a base. Then go ahead and place your flowers or branches however you like. Then add the rest of the seashells. I learnt this the hard way – if you start by pouring all of your seashells in the glass (which I naturally did since it looked like the easiest way) there is no way you get the flowers in after it is full.


Voila, this is the finished product. I will for sure re-use this idea at some point and I`d prefer a round vase for it, I think it would look more beachy but that`s just me. Hope you like it and can find some inspiration in it! Be sure to let me know.

Much love and style

Kris&Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to know what you think!