Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall outfits 2013: Casual and cozy outfit

With the articles I am going to go chronologically with the video and so this is the first one:




The base of this outfit (and most of my following outfits) is a simple tight long-sleeved black dress. I paired it with a brown tweed jacket that I left open so that the outfit would look more casual.

Tip: If you have formal jackets, you can easily turn them into neutral pieces that instantly dress up your outfit – just don`t close them. As soon as you close the buttons on such jacket, you look professional which is wonderful in some occasions but it prevents you from using more casual accessories.


On top I added a big round fluffy scarf. I personally love those, they are cozy, yet statement pieces that draw attention to the outfit. The overall color strategy with this outfit was to go with autumn colors on neutral (black) base. They accentuate the nice colorful part of autumn and make you feel as if there was no such thing as the autumn fog or rain.


The last part of my outfit are these brick red tights and rain boot-like leather boots. The thought behind this choice was to bring the outfit together by having the same color on top (scarf) and on the bottom (tights). These simple boots are the absolute hit of this season and I love them unconditionally. They make a wonderful statement yet functional piece. You can go ahead and jump into puddles; these will make sure to keep you worm and dry.

Tip: I am wearing tights here but what you don`t see are my thick woolen socks. If you don`t have to take your shoes off at work or at school and you do live in a cold environment, this can literally save your life. Just be sure you don`t have a date later that night or run and take them off in a bathroom. As much as I love them, I think my partner would appreciate them about as much as Bridget Jones` gigantic shaping underwear.

That will be all from me today. Hope you find this useful, be sure to let me know in the comments below.

Much love and style!

Kris&Susie

Special thanks to sweet Zuzka, my dog who made this whole project a lot more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to know what you think!