Sunday, November 24, 2013

My weight loss

I have been asked to write this article multiple times by my dearest Jane and I have failed to write it for more than a week. So here it is, finally, Jane, I think you`re the best and I`m sorry.

Lately, a number of people asked me how I`ve lost so much weight. To start off, I`ve never been fat in my life but my weight had varied and not too long ago it was 125,6 pounds (57 kilos) versus my current 114,6 pounds (52 kilos). As you can see it is not that much but since I`m 5 foot 4 (160 cm) it is significant.


I got stuck on about 122 pounds 4 years ago and I finally broke it. What`s even better, it is really visible in the belly area. So what is it that I do? I follow a couple really easy steps that have much bigger impact than you`d imagine and all of this without starving of course.

What I did is I cut down portions and I learnt to wait after meals. Three months ago I read an article about how even skinny people eat much more than they need because they eat fast and it got me thinking. Do I need all I eat (with the exception of gummy bears, those are essential)? I was gonna do a test for one week. I stopped eating in the middle of my regular portion (eating still 3-5 portions a day depending on how busy I got) and waited for 10 minutes. To my greatest surprise, I felt full. So I continued. By the end of the week I lost 3 pounds and my belly looked significantly more flat.

It`s been 2 months now. I have lost 11 pounds and I am hoping to lose 4 more. The great side effect of this is that you completely change your eating habits and shrink your stomach without really changing what you eat too much – it sure does help to eat healthier though. When I try to eat as much as I used to (and it was still not a lot before this) I get really sick to my stomach and I have to stop. In other words, my body is looking out for me now, how wonderful is that?

I am going to see a trainer today to help me out with my eating habits and exercise, which means so an update is to come! Hope this helped.

Much love and style!

Kris&Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to know what you think!