Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall outfits 2013: Transitioning dresses to autumn

This is just a small tip about transitioning summer pieces into autumn and winter pieces. I found out that I can actually do this with good 2/3 of my dresses (so about 40 to 50 dresses or so and no, I do not need to see a doctor). The greatest discovery for me was that it works wonderful even with my favorite lace dresses.


Tip: So what is it that I`m talking about? Dark or simply thicker tights, color doesn`t really matter as long as it`s not nude. Depending on the dress you can add a belt too. This one is obviously too busy to have a belt but I do have a simple white lace dress I love to wear in summer with a skinny white belt and no tights and in winter with a thick statement black belt and black tights. Sometimes it doesn`t seem right until you put it together so don`t overthink it and just try putting it together. It either works or it doesn`t. I will have an article on that topic some time soon for sure.


This dress is a must have, it is a classic black and white combination and it is great for everything, parties, theatre plays, exams… Just go and buy something like that, you can never have too many, I for instance have four. And whenever I am out of outfit ideas (I hate to admit but it happens) I just wear one of them. Simple, dressy, elegant, you really can`t go wrong with these. This one is a bit more romantic thanks to the applications on top but if that is nothing for you, get one that is simple (I have two of each, naturally, I might need to see a doctor eventually…).


Just to give you a little bit of background – this dress is actually famous. My friends and I make black and white Charlie Chaplin-like movies and I wore this in one of them. Since it does have English subtitles you can even watch it. This was last winter and I had owned that dress for a while at that point and despite loving it very much I like it on Susan better now. And I know she loves the dress just as much as I do so it`s in good hands and her boyfriend likes it too!

Sorry, I`ve had trouble putting this video up, not sure what`s wrong with it so here`s the link: Ráďa`s Merry Christmas.



I get a little sentimental talking about the history of my clothes and I am not far from believing they have a soul, lol.

Anyways, hope you found this quick note useful. If at any point you had any suggestions be sure to let me know, I do take requests.


Much love and style!
Kris&Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to know what you think!