Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall outfits 2013: Edgy fur vest

The third outfit in these series is the edgiest one since the essential piece here is a fur vest paired with printed leggings.


As a base I am still using the same black dress, accessorizing it a lot more this time. Since the dress is simple, I decided to spice up the outfit by leggings with floral print, I made sure though that the colors are in one color family – dark yellow to brown. That way it compliments the vest with its brown accents.

Tip: If you feel like wearing something with a busier print, it is good to follow one simple rule: The more clothes on, the less print on them. Therefore crazy and colorful summer prints should be left to summer unless it`s Halloween.

I will reveal one secret you would never find out by just looking at the first picture. I am actually wearing two pairs of tights. The base is brick read and the top is the one with print as you can see in the picture below.


Tip: If you have those beautiful tights that are in fact more of a net than tights and you feel sad putting them away after summer is over, don`t! Just dig in your closet and find another pair of tights that fits the color of the first one and voila! As a bonus, you can generally combine the printed tights with more than just one other pair, which helps trying to put an outfit together.

Autumn is the perfect time to pull out your gold jewelry even if you don`t usually wear it (I personally wear silver or white gold jewelry much more often). Here I am wearing a long golden necklace in the form of two leaves with a small flower and I paired it with a golden ring that I intentionally placed onto my index finger.

Tip: I have read that there is a specific feel you get depending on where you wear your rings and I found myself agreeing with it. In case you were interested:
Index finger: boosts self-confidence, leadership
Middle finger: indicates values and responsibility
Ring finger (besides the obvious engagement and wedding ring): creativity
Pinkie (I hate that look): ability to express yourself
Thumb (I hate that look with passion): assertiveness

I picked simple brown above ankle shoes with thick woolen socks showing (same thing as in the previous look). My last two accessories are a belt and a scarf, both in the color scheme of the outfit, both with a print. What is the trick?

Tip: When combining prints make sure one print is the strongest (in this case it`s the tights). If you combine two prints with the same intensity, it will not look good. It is the best and easiest to have one strong print and then keep everything else either plain or with a very soft print as I did here.



Lastly – poor Susan hated this because particular outfit cause I left here by the bench in order to take pictures and this is the look she gave me. That is the reason why she is in every other picture of me. Could you resist?

That will be all from me for today, be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below.
Much love and style!
Kris&Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to know what you think!