Sunday, October 27, 2013

How to preserve nail polishes

Despite recent trend of displaying all of your nail polishes (as if it was something to be proud of that we have no self control) it is absolutely the worst you can do.
If you are like me and own more than 30 nail polishes you are probably not able to use up all of them in 6 months or so. And my heart hurts throwing them away. Therefore I discovered a couple things that help to preserve your nail polishes and believe it or not they last 3-4 years! And I do have a couple that I have been using for over 5 years and I never spent more than four bucks for a nail polish.

My tips:
  1. Store all of your nail polishes in a dark place.
  2. Preferably store your nail polishes in a dry place.
  3. If you find a can, jar/box that doesn`t let much air in, that`s ideal.
  4. Every 3 months or so, go ahead and clean the top with a nail polish remover. Nail polish dries unevenly, naturally, and so it causes the top not protect the nail polish from air, therefore it hardens and you could throw it away. Cleaning it is a pain but the result is worth it.



I personally store all of my nail polishes in 2 really big metal cans with plastic fitted tops. It`s worked wonderfully. Hope this helped! Be sure to let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll be happy to know what you think!